The Grenada Bureau of Standards is inviting suitable persons to fill the position of Head : Laboratory Services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing and supervising subordinate staff, including training of laboratory staff in the correct testing procedures, monitoring their progress and making recommendations where necessary;
- Ensuring proper maintenance, repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory equipment;
- Ensuring proper maintenance, replacement and purchase of reagents and consumables used the laboratory;
- Implementation and maintenance of GDBS ISO 17025 Laboratory Management System;
- Reviewing and approving all technical reports, test results or other documentation produced by and used by the Laboratory;
- Implementation of corrective and preventive actions when required;
- Preparation of laboratory performance reports;
- Promotion of quality awareness throughout the organization;
- Interpretation of reports produced by the laboratory;
- Implementation of compulsory standards and certification programmes;
- Facilitation of training programmes to internal and external clients;
- Determining the laboratory’s requirements for equipment in order to meet existing and prospective work load;
- Adherence to the policies of GDBS
- Conducting any additional duties that may be required to ensure the continued effectiveness of the Laboratory Management System.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Should possess leadership qualities and should be capable of taking initiatives;
- Ability to work with other members of staff to ensure compliance with the Bureau’s policies and procedures;
- Should be self-motivated, committed and possess good communication skills as well as the ability to motivate personnel.
- Should be able to work in a structured environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University training (preferably a Masters Degree or equivalent) in one or more of the scientific disciplines covered by the work of the Bureau, e.g., Food Science, Chemistry, etc. plus a minimum of four (4) years scientific experience;
- Experience in the preparation, selection or application of standards or a preparedness to undergo training in standards work is essential;
- Operating experience with managerial disciplines particularly quality management, and the supervision of staff (2 years preferably).
The deadline for applications is February 28, 2019 and they should be addressed to:
Grenada Bureau of Standards
P.O. Box 2036, Queen’s Park